Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Expectantly Waiting

I've hit what I hope is the worst part of the 1st Trimester. I've been so blessed to not feel really, really sick all the time during this pregnancy. But this week has taken a turn. I've been extremely sick. I can't decide if I should say "unfortunately" or "fortunately"... Either way, Ellie doesn't have a clue what's going on. So I am really having to work double-time to keep her busy and safe and entertained and fed while keeping myself rested (hahaha!) and hydrated and all the stuff you have to do to take care of yourself while pregnant. It's been a crazy week and it's only Wednesday morning. Oh dear...

This week I did get to take a peek-a-boo visit with little Piglet Baby. It was adorable. This time I pretty much knew what to expect and I was a bit emotional. Nick was in Boston on business (staying at a bed and breakfast. SUCKER!) so I was solo on this adventure. Piglet Baby was VERY awake. It was pretty amazing considering the fact that I had not caffeine that morning and the only sugar I had was a little black cherry-lime vitamin water (my new favorite flavor!). Heart rate was 175!! Ellie NEVER had a heart rate that high when we visited her during our pregnancy. Her high was like maybe 155. It was usually around 135-140.

Anyway, PB was waving it's little arm like a tiny maniac. Like if I didn't pay close attention I might miss seeing it. I was laying on the bed laughing and literally just burst out, "THAT is adorable!!!!" It was really a very precious encounter. It's kind of ironic too because Ellie is just getting really good at waving a lot.

I've really struggled with being very happy about being pregnant this week. But God knows just when I need a lift. :) GOD IS SO GRACIOUS to His children! Sometimes I think my load would be a lot easier to bear if I would just ask for His help more often :)

This week we will be making our 3rd trip to Sea World since this pregnancy began. I presume I'll be pretty sick but I am going to be sure to stay really hydrated. I am not interested in getting puffy feet like I did last year. :-)

No comments: