Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tea Time

One of the things I've been having to work on lately is relaxing and trying to not get stressed out. My blood pressure has been a little on the high side lately (wonder why? lol). I have been doing yoga semi-faithfully and trying to just find times in the day to calm myself and relax. One of my favorite things to do now is to make a good cup of tea and sit down and drink it slooowly. So delightful!

So when an opportunity came for me to participate in a tea swap with friends, I was giddy with delight. Free tea AND mail from friends!!! ;-)

My friend Christy's package of tea arrived just after Thanksgiving. Although she was the one who actually came up with the rules of the game, she apparently forgot to obey them ;-) We were supposed to send four bags of tea to our tea swapping partners. Well she sent me like a million ;o I'm NOT complaining, though. I will be enjoying Christy's tea from now until Christmas.

Have you ever heard of Eggnogg tea? Neither had I! I'm sure that it must be sensational so I'm saving it for when I'm having a sour day. Mostly I've been having good days so it's still waiting for me. I just get a happy feeling by simply thinking about what it must taste like. Yes, I might be a bit silly.


Green tea has always been a favorite of mine. I used to drink a quart of green tea every day. I have started doing that again (I'm neither pregnant nor breastfeeding... hallelujah!!). I drink green tea cold. With local, organic honey. Yummy!!



Christy also sent me some holiday flavored tea. Mmmm. Sunday morning was the last day of our Thanksgiving activities and I knew I needed a pick-me-up so I sampled some delicious Sugar Plum Spice tea. I felt like a fairy for the rest of the day... Well, that's not actually true ;-) But it was very holidayish and fun to drink!

No comments: