Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The One Where He Goes to Florida While I Stay Home and Dye Diapers

By the time anyone is reading this he will be home. Because I'm not really a fan of displaying for the general public that my husband is not home ;) [as if the general public reads this, lol, but whatever...]

It's 8:28AM. I heard loud banging outside. Our apartment building is getting a makeover. :) I wish they'd give the inside of our apartment a makeover. I'd like some turquoise paint in here, please. And maybe a chandelier or two.

So, yes, Nick is out of town. I always forget what him being gone feels like until he actually leaves. We both really do love his job a lot so I try not to complain too much. He's mellowed out a LOT in the past couple of months. He said it's because he gets a little stressed every time he goes out to a new job. Once the job's complete, what's there to worry or stress about? < that's what he told me yesterday on our way to the third craft supply store on a hunt for Dylon Fabric Dye. This was after we had to drive to two elementary schools during rush hour traffic to vote. He was my hero! He even bought me a bag of jordan almonds and LEFT THEM HOME before he flew out this morning. Um, that's love!

Back home on the ranch, baby girl is snoozing. She loves sleeping. haha. I do too, but not when Nick's gone. And actually, I get so excited about the littlest things lately so I'm not really much of a sleeper anymore. I guess Ellie's making up for the lack of sleep I got last night.

I'm dying some diapers. I'm excited to see how it turns out. By the time I post this I'll have them all done and can post pictures. YAY! ;-)

Lately I've been thinking a lot about where I am in life. I LOVE this stage of parenthood. Ellie's juuuust starting to get into everything within reach. She's "crawling" but discovering more than moving around. I did find her sucking on the wheel of her stroller yesterday. If you knew where all we go with that stroller you would realize how disgusting that is! UGH! It makes me shiver.

Nick loves his job and is getting paid more than enough to keep food on the table. I am finding ways to get my creative juices flowing. I feel healthy. I don't take that for granted too much anymore having had 8 months (the first month doesn't count since I didn't even know I was pregnant) of all-day nausea. While another little bundle would certainly seem fun to add to the mix, I think I'll enjoy today being healthy ;-)

Target and Garden Ridge are Ellie's and my hangout places now. We can walk to either place in ten minutes which is pretty cool. If Nick throws me a little cash every now and then I stay happy and so does he ;)

I feel like my brain has somewhat turned "off" in the last months. I can read blogs and forums online but find myself skipping around as I read... not staying on one track for very long at all. My Bible reading is like only effective if I read a few verses and journal. Otherwise I can't remember an hour later what on earth I read.

I've been reading aloud to Ellie out of a great kids Bible I picked up new at Goodwill. It's great. We started sometime around a month ago and we're already in Exodus. I'm sure she's getting a lot out of it. Heh. Most of the time I'm just trying to keep her from eating the pages. But I'm hoping in time she will learn to sit still and listen to me read like I used to do with my mom.

Well, Nick's probably not even off his first flight and it's about time to do something with these diapers. I might let them sit a while longer so I can grab some much needed quiet time.

Day 2 of him being gone to FL.

So I decided to run to Target. Elle was having a bad day. Can't figure out if it's teething or a cold or both. So we headed to Target and enjoyed the gorgeous 66* weather. I love Austin ;-)

I became instantly enthralled over household cleansers. That was actually my real reason for going to Target. They had some coupons on Lysol products so I loaded up. Normally my husband's not a fan of me spending money while he's gone. But I figured it's for his benefit so he won't mind. Besides, I know he got breakfast delivered to his room at a nice hotel this morning. Justification, justification... :)

I loaded up my stroller with several Lysol products and some glade candles. (LOVE glade candles!!) When getting ready to check out I discovered that I was missing my credit card. AHHHHK! I apologized to the cashier who was already ringing up my purchases. She was like, "Oh, I sell you a card?" It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about. I reluctantly agreed to sign up for a Target credit card - like that is gonna make Nick not so happy. Lol! It was a small purchase though, so I don't think he'll mind.

So I proceed to fill out the information needed to procure the Target card. Meanwhile two older women are talking to each other in line waiting for me... I was trying to hurry because I hate people having to wait for me and at any moment I knew Ellie could realize that she hadn't eaten in a few hours. So I'm rushing and giving the cashier info while putting my purchases into the buggy. I was finished and then she needed to see my driver's license one more time. I had put it back in my purse, or so I thought. Ugh! I couldn't find it anywhere. I was digging through everything, she was looking through my wallet (lol!) and the women behind me were trying to comfort me, "Oh, honey, take your time! It's okay, we're not in a hurry." I was apologizing profusely and telling them I was having a really bad case of mommy brain. The one said to the other in a loud whisper, "Aw, look, she's blushing so bad!" (that of course made me feel oh so much better. not! hahaha) I finally found it - in my wallet. Oh dear.

And that was my adventure for today.

Came home, fed Ellie and put her down for a nap, made some brownies (added two jars of baby food to make it somewhat healthier - apples & blueberries and a jar of carrots - not bad, actually), and started cleaning. Called my sister to discuss what fluffiness we will purchase for our unborn niece or nephew and continued to clean.

Right now my living room, well my whole house actually, looks like a disaster zone. Hubby will be home SOON so I better get back at it.

No comments: