Monday, March 16, 2009

What's For Lunch Today....

It's been a while since I updated here :) I make no apologies... I've been growing a kid which sucks most of the energy out of me.

We've moved from having our main meal of the day in the evenings to our mid-day meal. I usually am zapped after 4pm so rather than just not cook at all, I'm cooking earlier in the day and we eat at 10:30/11, Nick's lunch time.

So my midwives did not disapprove of my very random diet - which mostly consists of cantaulope, milk, and tuna these days. My protein and sugar levels were superb so I guess it's working ;p I am still not gaining much weight at all so I am quite happy ;-) We'll see how long this lasts!

At 15 weeks I can definitely say that I feel better than before, but I'm still in the throws of morning sickness (which usually for me is actually afternoon/evening sickness). I'm hoping that by the next dr's appointment it will be gone ;)

So today... I'm making Apple Tuna Sandwiches for lunch. With carrot sticks and maybe a green salad. I'm not feeling very hungry for much so hopefully this will suffice Hubby's hunger needs ;) For dessert we'll probably have Cantaulope :D Nummy, Yummy!!

Apple Tuna Sandwiches

1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
1/2 cup chopped pink lady apple
1/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
2 T finely chopped onion
1 T sweet pickle relish
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
6 french loaf bread slices, toasted

Directions
1. Ina bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
2. Spread 1/2 cup on three slices of bread. Top with remaining bread.
3. Eat with carrot sticks ;-)
4. Think about how much baby enjoyed the food.
5. Eat cantaulope 30 minutes later because I'm strangely starved again ;o

No comments: