Friday, February 27, 2009

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." — Emilie Buchwald

I would like to change the above quote to this... "Children are made readers in the wombs of their mothers." Maybe not quite as true, but it makes me smile ;)

Yesterday the baby reading bug really "bit". Well... it also may have had something to do with getting a $25 reward certificate from amazon.com. Hubby needed one book, Mommy needed... several. After literally over an hour scouring a couple of sites for good books, I ended up with these:












Afterwards, I ended up spending about 3 hours at Barnes and Nobles in the children's section. I made a list of books to get. Here's some of them:
* Little Hoot & Little Pea
* Big Smelly Bear
* The Dot by Peter Reynolds (This may have been my absolute FAVORITE!! It so describes me as a child!!)
* What Am I?
* What Do I Eat?
* Twelve Days of Springtime
* The Cow That was the Best Moo-ther
* How to be a Baby by
* Batty About Texas
* The Jalapeno Man
* Don't Eat the Bluebonnets

I'm thinking that if I stick to getting two books a month we will have a fairly decent supply of books for bumpkin by the time he/she gets here ;-)

No comments: