Friday, September 5, 2008

I was going to blog... but then I got distracted.

I laugh when I look at this blog. It has like, count them... two entries. My goodness. :) And to think I used to be a chronic blogger. Priorities change.

So we were slightly wow'ed yesterday when we realized we've almost hit the 4-month mark. Goodness! Time flies when you're not paying attention. :D

On Marriage...
It feels good to be married. We have a very "together" kind of relationship. It's funny because I don't think I could stand living with any ONE other person like I do with Nicholas. Not that we don't ever have quabbles... they just don't last very long and they're few and far between.

A funny: Nicholas and I got to work for Pok-E-Jo's together a couple Saturdays ago. It was fun. We like working together even if we're not side-by-side. I did drinks/he cut meat. It was snazzy. So as he was cutting meat for the customers, a couple college hip chicks came along... and they were giggly and flirtatious types. So one said to the other, "Isn't he just the NICEST guy?! giggle giggle giggle" and he was like, "yeah... well, that's what my wife thinks." Those weren't his exact words but it was to that effect. I laughed when he told me. It totally made my day!! He's so loyal and respectful.

Another funny: Nicholas' work shift has been 5AM-1:30PM requiring him to get up at 4AM. For the most part (especially lately), I get up shortly after he does. While he showers I get his clothes laid out, iron his shirt (if I hadn't done it the day before), fix his breakfast - which mostly consists of cereal, occasionally bacon, eggs, and toast, and I make his lunch (lunchmeat sandwiches, pb&j's, leftovers, salad, etc...). Well, his shift just got CHANGED to 6AM-2:30PM. We weren't sure how we'd adjust but we're LOVING IT!!!! Except that I still keep waking up at 4AM.

Anyway... Nick was talking to one of his co-workers about the new shift. He mentioned that it was just really dragging us down... and then nonchalantly mentioned the above (that I get up and do blah, blah, blah for him) and the guy was like, "Your wife gets up with you?!" And then he was like, "oh, yeah! But you guys are newlyweds... that won't last long!" heh :) We'll see... I kinda feel like I've been challenged :)

While I was nannying the other day, I set out to make a monthly menu. We've been kinda sporatic lately and, although Nicholas never complains, our meals could use a little more attention. It's kind of hard though because he usually eats lunch around 10/10:30AM and is ready for dinner at 4PM. I usually work at least 3-4 afternoons a week so it's usually rush-rush...

Well, I pulled out a cookbook I bought sometime last year called, "Quick Fix Meals by Robin Miller." It's one of my food network lovelies.. :D Anyway... I got some amazing ideas and put together a meal plan. Nicholas was fairly pleased when I told him. So.. we'll see how it goes. I may post some of the recipes. I'm hoping to put together some recipes for my sis, Michal and future-sis-in-law, Heather as they're both going to be newlyweds soon...

One more thing... we have had the camping bug BITE us... :D We've been eager to go camping for a few months. FINALLY, on the Friday before Labor Day we headed down to Mustang Island National Park. It was a good three hour drive. We mostly listened to talk radio which was interesting. I think that was right after they'd announced Sarah Palin as McCain's running mate. We missed the hurricane and probably would have had a splendid trip if A) we'd brought something other than blankets to sleep on (like an air mattress would have been much better for our backs).. and B) we'd brought BUG SPRAY. We were nearly eaten up alive by TONS of starving mosquitoes. We didn't have a very restful night, but overall it was pretty nice. We were camped right next to the Gulf and it was a nice view in the morning.

Nicholas is already telling me he's ready to go camping again (probably somewhere closer). We'll take the OFF! and some citronella lamps... oh! and a mattress. This Saturday is REI's semi-annual garage sale, so we'll see what we can find. And we're both working tomorrow... so Life is GOOD!

Here's some pictures from our trip.














No comments: